Everlasting life is a gift from God by His grace through faith in Christ Jesus.
The Lord Jesus Christ has already paid the price for the debt we cannot pay.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
My Friend: I am asking you life’s most important question. The question is, “Are you saved?”
It is not a question of how good you are, or if you are a church member; but are you saved?
Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?
In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus (a very religious person), “Ye must be born again.”
In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which is how to be saved.
His plan is simple! You can be saved today. Right now!
- Realize that you are a sinner and you need to be saved. The Bible says in Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- Understand that you cannot save yourself. Titus 3:5 says, “Not by works of righteousness which ye have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.”
- Jesus has already provided for your salvation. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- You can be saved now!
- Acknowledge your sin and repent. The Bible says in Luke 13:3, “I tell you Nay; but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as your Lord and personal Saviour. “For as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in His name” (John 1:12).
- Repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer. In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray and mean it in your heart the sinner’s prayer:
“Oh, God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross.
I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me.
I repent from my sin and I now receive Him as my Lord and Saviour.
I thank You for the salvation and everlasting life, because of Your love and merciful grace. Amen.”
Salvation is by grace, through faith in the finished redemptive work of Christ. He shed His precious blood on the cross, died, was buried but rose again the third day from the grave according to the Scripture. He is no longer hanging on the cross but alive forever in Heaven. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no denomination, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it! God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life.